There are many ways to help
Individuals or groups are welcome to join us on Sundays for worship in front of All Saints Church on Irving Street. Sing and pray with us and provide a listening ear to those on the margins. Every year, Youth groups from all around Massachusetts join Worcester Fellowship for lunch and worship. Because we like to maintain the intimacy of our worship, we ask that you bring no more than 10 total people.
Our thanks to all of our devoted and greatly appreciated lunch providers! Below are the guidelines so that we have consistency with the lunches.
Lunch Instructions (50 lunches per provider is typical -please check the calendar for what we believe you are bringing)
1. Lunches should be bagged and labeled with the type of sandwich in the bag. nA variety of sandwiches are welcome (individually wrapped). Please bring 10-15 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and the remaining sandwiches consisting of meat or meat/cheese (ham, bologna, lean roast beef are favorites!).
2. Include an individually wrapped soft dessert or snack (cookies, brownies without nuts, nutra-grain bars, chips, etc.) and a soft fruit (no apples/pears) or a fruit cup/applesauce or pudding (and plastic spoon if needed).
3. Most groups also provide juice boxes or bottled water to either be included in the lunch bag or handed out separately. THIS IS OPTIONAL as it may be cost prohibitive for some churches (see #6 for alternatives).
4. You are welcome to bring prepared (in a cooler) hot chocolate (4 gallons) in the cold months, or prepared (in a cooler) fruit punch or lemonade (4 gallons) in the warmer months (please just let us know ahead of time so that we don’t also bring it).
5. Please bring lunches for each member of your group if you plan to eat with us. PLEASE DO NOT BRING EXTRAS if the weather is below 50 degrees or raining. PLEASE PLAN to bring home the boxes or bags you used to deliver the lunches. If you can, we can use help bringing home the trash as well. THANK YOU!!
Here are some optional items suggestions for Lunch Providers (kindly give any of these items to Pastor Zach in lieu of putting things in lunch bags): 50 pair of men’s new cotton socks, Dunkin Donut gift cards in small denominations, 100 paper cups, 50-ounce containers of punch mix (warmer months) or hot chocolate (cooler months) for the next weeks service. If the temperature is below 50 degrees, you can bring hats and gloves.
Youth Groups can also bring new men’s cotton socks or Dunkin Donut gift cards in small denominations, or lemonade/hot chocolate already made in a 4 gallon container!
Youth Guidelines – We only schedule one group per week and appreciate your cooperation when checking available dates on our calendar on the HOME PAGE. Please email Susan our Church Administrator with your availability (email@example.com.)
We love having youth join us at Worcester Fellowship! To ensure that our visitors have the best possible experience, we ask that all visiting youth groups plan their experience using the following guidelines and total visitors, including adults, should be 10 maximum.
- High school youth should be accompanied by 1 adult for every 5 youth.
- Junior high youth should be accompanied by 1 adult for every 2 youth.
- Children younger than middle school should come with their parent or guardian.
- Please arrive at 12:15 for an orientation whether you have been with us before or not. We ask groups to stay and participate in our worship service (worship ends about 2:00).
- During orientation, Pastor Zach will offer opportunities for youth to participate in the service. For examples, students may be asked to serve communion or pass out the lunch bags.
Sign up to bring 4 gallons of prepared hot chocolate and 100 cups when it is cold, or 4 gallons of fruit punch, lemonade, or sweetened ice tea and 100 cups when it is warmer weather (or 8 gallons of cold drink and 200 cups when it is over 80 degrees PLEASE). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.